Who We Are
We make event experiences happen. AVCOM is a Premium Event Production Agency; we believe in the power that our clients and their audiences should always experience more. Whether In person, Virtual or Hybrid, we are here to make exceptional experiences happen and our client’s life easier. How you say? Because from under one roof, we offer a full suite of event production services and skilled expertise covering Design, Production, Video, Technical Production & Audio-Visual Services. We use a design-led production approach, fuelling this with the latest innovative technology delivered by our highly trained and skilled specialists [the AVCOM Ninjas].
We have over 40 years at the heart of the events industry and a client-centric approach to making the impossible possible in event production.
We constantly strive to demonstrate the company’s premium quality and imaginative approach and continue to invest across all facets of the business. That has brought with it new opportunities for brilliant technical talent.
Know the role
Due to continued success, we seek an experienced Senior Event Technician to join our growing team at AVCOM at this exciting time of our expansion. The role is to ensure we produce our event solution experiences to the highest level, focusing on seamless technical delivery and aesthetics. You will report to the Operations Director and work closely with multiple teams across sales, production, operations, design, and video.
The Operations Team will manage your day-to-day workflow, where you’ll be required to be familiar with a wide range of equipment and systems AVCOM deploys. As well as being a seasoned professional with a high level of technical skill and confidence in your abilities, you will lead by example, nurture our young talent, provide technical services onsite and support sales and production teams.
We have significant revenue growth planned for the next two years, and you will be front and centre on achieving this growth target and a key driver of technical development, training and innovation.
- Providing Audio-Visual expertise & support to AVCOM productions.
- Your day to day will include event setup, operation or derig and pre-production, technical planning, logistics, client interaction, stagecraft, and crew management.
- Lead by example, provide support, mentoring and guidance to AV technicians to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Passion and drive for innovation of new technology – you thrive on researching the latest advancements in production possibilities.
- Develop and document new workflows and technical processes as required and integrate these within the Technical and Production teams.
- 10 year’s events experience in one or more areas across Audio, Visual, Lighting, Streaming and Stagecraft, and specialist knowledge in additional industry disciplines is advantageous.
- Ability to train, guide and mentor others in standards and technical processes.
- Communicating clearly and professionally with a variety of stakeholders – Crew, Clients, Production, Venues.
- Naturally pro-active, inspiring change and operational improvements.
- Innovative with high level of problem-solving abilities and resilience.
- Full Clean drivers’ licence.
What’s in it for you
- An excellent package is available for the right candidate.
- Play a vital role in the exciting expansion of our growth strategy.
- Be part of our diverse and inclusive family.
- Health benefits.
- Wellbeing program.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title reference if this sounds like you.
All CVs will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Closing date: 24th February 2023